CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »


Thursday, April 24, 2008

Surviving

Hey all,
Well it's been a little while since the last post so once again, I will update ya'll. I have just completed week 3 of the 5 week nursing home clinical. It has been a tough one. It is so sad to see those elderly pts in the conditions they are in. On top of that, the staff have been so rude!!!!! I don't know if I mentioned before but they have told us to go wash their cars, get them food, etc. They call us aliens, smurfs, stupid. It has been quite frustrating. It reminds me of when I was a dialysis technician and I was called a " glorified janitor" by one of the RNs. The issues between nurses and CNAs are always based on the theory that nurses think they are superior to CNAs. It's all stupid and childish. The fact of the matter is that although we work closely with CNAs. we just have different jobs. Yes nurses have more schooling that a CNA and nurses also have state license, but it doesn't mean they can do the CNAs job. I have been there and trust me, I ADMIRE THEM!!! I couldn't do their job day in and day out. So anyway, that's my beef for today. On a good note, I am almost done with this semester and then I get to go to UT to visit my bestest girlfriend Jessica. I haven't seen her in over 3 years. I also will hopefully get to see my new niece, Sydney. She was born on March 5th. I will get to spend 3 weeks in UT. I am so excited. anyway, besides the clinical drama, school is going well. I got 2 successful IV starts last week. I was also stuck twice successfully. This is my favorite part of school so far. i love the actual hands on nursing stuff ( except the changing the soiled diaper of clients) I should clarify and say that I like the part of nursing where I get to treat people, like giving injections, starting IVs, dressing wounds, removing stitches. Things of that nature. Well I am going to go chill. Be well and happy blogging!
Tami

2 comments:

Jilly said...

Hey Girl!! LTNS! So you get to go to Utah!! I'm jealous. Syd is so cute!!!!
Sorry the Nurses are being bum holes! that's not really nice.

Hope you have a good time in ut!

~Jilly~

chchoo said...

Your job sounds stressful. I don't think I could do any of it very well. I would probably snap at everyone. Me and my patience. :) Keep those nurses in line! Slap 'em around if they need it.

I Love to see the Temple!

I Love to see the Temple!
I love the San Diego Temple.